Saturday 11 April 2009

Bank Holiday Friday















Well today was the day that I had been looking forward to for quite a while as it heralds 4 days without any work.
I didn't hang about making the most of my relaxing time and didn't get up until 8.30.
I was prevented from lounging around for too long this morning as Michael was heading off at 9.15 to spend the morning making and selling doughnuts out the front of the Island Carriers office.
It was a beautiful sunny start to the day, if a little cool in the westerly breeze, but after yesterday rain it was great to see the sun for my time off.
After dropping off Mike I did a quick spot of shopping and got some diesel in the car and headed home.
There wasn't allot of time at home before we were all off to sample the doughnuts and then try out a pastie from the Pilchard Pit on the quay.
At £2.50 a throw they were very nice pasties.
We were on the quay to meet up with our good friends who have come down from Devon for a few days and they were arriving on the Scillonian.
It was a great day for photography and I reckon I took a pic of pretty much everything I saw today!
After meeting our friends off the boat we headed to Holgates Green for what turned out to be the rest of the afternoon.
We had ice creams and sat and chatted all afternoon.
With the weather being so good we decided that we should stick around and have some fish and chips on Porthcressa Bank.
It was very good having got ours from the chip van.
The evening ended at around 7.20 fro I needed to drop off my niece to a party for 7.30 so we all headed up to the golf club with her to drop her off.
It was certainly a really good day and just what I needed after such a sustained time of hard work.
I ended up falling asleep on the sofa for an hour or two before awaking and having enough energy to get on here and put something together for the ole' blog!
Tomorrow is looking good again but will be slightly spoilt by having to partly organise a table top sale and attend the event too.
At least the forecast is good again, so i'm sure it will be another great day one way or another..

1 comment:

  1. Hi George good to see you back on your photography after a busy spring, I am on holiday for a week so I will look around re the boat

    ReplyDelete