Saturday 28 February 2009

Just too busy this week

Its been a busy week with lots going on.
Plenty of work and calls to sort out and I haven't had much time to get on here to update,sorry.
I will get some pics off my camera today and get some on here later on today.
Its been a funny old week being the first week after the holiday it was always going to be manic on the work front and it sure lived up to my expectations, only most of the carpets that should be here didn't turn up which made choosing which jobs to do first a whole lot simpler!
Friday I went up to St Martins for the day to do a couple of jobs and a measure.
It went ok, the first job was a lounge carpet in a holiday cottage at Signal Row.
I needed to put down grippers and underlay before fitting the carpet.
When done it was time for the carpet, when I had unrolled it it was 4 inches short, which left a dilemma of what to do.
I could join it or turn it around and put in a metal doorstrip or do the right thing and offer to replace it..
Obviously I offered to replace it as it appeared to be my fault for not measuring correctly in the first place...I must have misread the tape measure.
Its the first time I have done this in my 17 years of carpet fitting.
So I have a nice carpet for sale if anyone is interested!
Then I went on to do a measure up at Churchtown Farm.
Followed swiftly by down to middle town to do a kitchen vinyl.
I was well looked after at this job and keep happy with an endless supply of tea and a huge wedge of yummy sponge cake.
Its a hard life I know!
It wasn't long before it was time to catch the boat home and off I went.
I came home and sorted out the last few bits of work for the week and did a couple of orders, and then went for a stroll down to my old house where I grew up.
It was great to go home I haven't been down there for a few years and it was good to see some of the things I recall from my childhood still present, like the rope swings in the pine trees and a daffodil garden that I planted with my sisters when I was very small!
I have some pics of the views from here and I think they are some of the best on the islands, but then it was what I saw every day for years so maybe that it is the memories of the views rather than the view itself that i so good!
Any how I have one last carpet to fit for my good friend Sam, so I'd better get going!
I'll get some pics up later today.....

No comments:

Post a Comment