There was an error in this gadget

Wednesday, 25 February 2009

A couple of days and a Helicopter.

Well Tuesday was something of a blur, particularly as I sit here trying to recall what I actually did!
First thing was my second son Brandons birthday, so we were awake early for the inevitable present and card openings and then off to email Radio Scilly for a birthday announcement (Thanks Keri!)
It was off to school for the boys, not always ideal on a birthday but they were happy as they were having their favourite cheesy pasta for school dinner today.
I went off and did some work, but to be fair not much got done due to another load of phone calls to make and receive and also my head was still not really back into the swing of it all!
Fortunately I finished the vinyl that I needed to do and a couple of other small jobs and finished in time for the birthday cake and tea after school!
We had the family around and when they left we had a quick bit of tea and got the boys off to bed and then I was out to play pool.
It was a good night with our team taking on the Porthcressa Team playing at the Scillonian Club.
We won 8-1 and I did win my singles and doubles matches!
So that was wise a calm day with sunny spells, I got a couple of pics down at the harbour to remind myself of the lovely start that it was!

So the day started more or less the same only today it was an email for the outlaws wedding anniversary instead of a birthday!
I went off to work full of enthusiasm only to realise that I had nothing booked in to do!
So I thought that it was probably time to get myself organised and went back home to sort out lots of jobs and book in what I could with customers.
This took most of the morning as I seem to be chock a block with work!
Finally I escaped out to Westford House where I am doing all of their en suite bathrooms in new non slip vinyl.
A fiddly job that I have to admit have been putting off just a little as there are 7 pieces to fit and bathroom vinyl is not my fave job!
I managed to get 2 done today before it was time for footie practise with the primary children.
Our pitch is still very boggy in places, so we marked a smaller area than normal in order to maintain the grass as best as we could.
It was the first footy I have done in ages and I really enjoyed it.
I think all the kids did too..
So then it was home for a nice bit of tea and then settled down to watch Liverpool take on Real Madrid.
Having been converted into a Liverpool fan by my eldest son it was good to see them come away 1-0 winners on the night with an away goal to take into the second leg.
A good day on the whole and I feel so much better in myself having sorted out just how I might be able to get my mountain of work done!
Oh by the way...on the way home for lunch I spotted a helicopter in up at the airport, being a grey old day it seemed a good photo opportunity.
I got there just as they appeared to be preparing to leave, I got my pics and was just about to go when they fired up the engines...I went back to see them fly away and decided to video clip them leaving and I am so glad I did.
The heli lifted just a couple of metres from the ground, appeared to give me a bow and then left the airstrip hovering very low before turning down the entire runway and following it right to the end before lifting sharply to 1000 feet or so in a matter of seconds.
Very impressive.
I'm sure the pilot did it just for show, I like to think that he did it just for me!!
The video is going now up onto you tube and should appear on the sidebar here soon!
I think the helicopter was a royal navy lynx. Must have been from RNAS Culdrose.... or maybe a nearby ship....

By the way if you click on the image it opens a bigger photo that you can see much more detail, this is the same on all of my pictures on the blog,here and Scillywebcam,images can be used for your own personal use or if published elsewhere please credit me, George Kershaw with the picture and let me know where you have used it.
Cheers George.

No comments:

Post a Comment